Mallorca Tech Newsletter – Issue #076
Mallorca Tech Newsletter is a weekly digest with news, events and job opportunities to help you stay up to date with the tech and startup ecosystem of Mallorca. Subscribe now and get it in your email. Curated by David Bustos.
Newsletter published with the support of:
Habitissimo is looking for a PHP Developer
We are looking for a PHP developer to join our technology team. What will you do?Program new functionalities, design the API, perform new development and write unit tests, in addition to having a drink with the team. What do we offer? Indefinite contract, 1000€ additional to invest in training, discount on medical insurance and a salary between 30 and 40K gross per year. Check all the details here.
- The travel agency management tool developed by the Logitravel Group, Traveltool, will close this year with more than 800 associated travel agencies, becoming the leader of the commercial groups by number of points of sale.
- El Mundo interviewed Nicolás Castellano, cybersecurity expert, founder of Andubay and organizer of No cON Name, a congress focused on computer security.
- IB3’s program Cinc Dies interviewed Pilar García, co-founder of the project Together, an app focused on providing safer experiences to women’s night trips. The project was awarded 1st place at Emprenbit Tech Camp‘s last edition.
- IFISC researcher José J. Ramasco was in the radio show ‘A Golpe de Bit’chatting about his latest study in which discussed if it’s possible to analyze urban mobility as if cities were gravitational fields.
- Mirai has launched miraimetasearch, a solution that allows independent hotels to connect with the main metasearch engines: Google Hotel Ads, Trivago, Tripadvisor, Kayak, etc..
- Meteoclim and ib-red have announced a partnership to generate more accurate weather predictions through the study of the internet signal.
- ProgrammableWeb has published a list with the best APIs for hotels where it has included the TravelgateX HotelX GraphQL API among them.
- 18/09 – Cost Management, Data Lakes and Data Intakes in AWS in the AWS Palma group meetup, which will feature the participation of Javier Ramírez, Senior Technical Evangelist at Amazon Web Services and Roberto Silva, Technology Architect at Hotelbeds Group.
- 09/19 – Fuckup Nights Mallorca, an event where people share their professional failures. Business stories that closed or went bankrupt, alliances that didn’t work or products that nobody remembers.
- 24-25/09 – De:central Days. Event to connect investors with companies and startups where talks and debates will take place around the future of mobility, blockchain, internet of things and other technologies.
- 25/09 – SQL Server event in Mallorca. Netsaimada group meetup.
- 28/09 – NcN Labs Mallorca. Meetup at Parc Bit of the Hacking and Cybersecurity Mallorca group.
- 04/10 – How to face the different phases of a Data Science project? Meetup where Otto F. Wagner (Data Science Coach of Strategy Big Data in Madrid) will share what a data science project is and what parts it has.
At Nidus WorkSpace we have the space you need. Come and meet us!
We have different rooms, in the center of Palma, adapted to your needs. Trainings, lectures, conferences, networkings, product presentations, interviews, castings … Contact us for more information and to know our rates.
Job Opportunities 🛠
- Big Data Engineer at Banca March
- Junior Data Engineer at Hotelbeds
- Mobile Marketing Manager at Playspace
- SEO Specialist at Melià Hotels
- Systems Administrator at Omni Access
- BI Developer at MTS Globe
- Design/Front-End Web Developer at Logitravel
- QA Engineer – Guest Experience Apps at trivago
- Apps Developer iOS at habitissimo
Do you know someone who might be interested in one of these opportunities? 👉 Send it to them!
Interesting Links ⛓️🌍
- Gain web performance insights with GCP Cloud Functions and Puppeteer (medium.com/bluekiri)
- Webcomponents en PHP (II) – Navegadores (labs.habitissimo.com)
- ¿Qué es el brand awareness y en qué beneficia a tu hotel? (hotelinking.com)
- ¡Tenemos una oferta de compra de SumaCRM! (sumacrm.com)
- Vivir del podcasting (mixx.io)
Get Promo! 🗣
Does your company have a job opportunity? Are you organising an event? Are you interested in sharing a news story or a post from your blog? Would you like to sponsor an issue of this newsletter? Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to this newsletter
🙏 If you enjoyed it, send it to one person that you think might like it as well! 🙏