Mallorca Tech Newsletter – Issue #080
Mallorca Tech Newsletter is a weekly digest with news, events and job opportunities to help you stay up to date with the tech and startup ecosystem of Mallorca. Subscribe now and get it in your email. Curated by David Bustos.
Newsletter published with the support of:
At Nidus WorkSpace we have the space you need. Come and meet us!
We have different rooms, in the center of Palma, adapted to your needs. Trainings, lectures, conferences, networkings, product presentations, interviews, castings … Contact us for more information and to know our rates.
- Fundació Bit launches a program for all those companies that want to attend the next edition of the Mobile World Congress with advantageous economic conditions; either with its own stand (€ 2,400) or shared (€ 480). The deadline for submitting applications ends October 23.
- La Información looked at Filmin’s finances, whose revenue grew by 40% in 2018 reaching 3.5 million euros in turnover and a positive result of 100,000 euros.
- Sampol’s Inn Sampol project won the first prize of ConnectUp’s competition in the Grow category. In this link are the profiles of the rest of the projects that made it to the final (Playspace, Avoris, Animal Stem, etc.).
- Olive Valley have published an interview with Affilired, a marketing performance agency, on their website.
- APSL attended the latest edition of the computer security event RootedCon and shared the experience on their blog.
- Hotelinking has announced that its platform is now also available in Chinese. And they have also published a post about social wifi.
- What is a Senior Programmer really? Rafa Páez (Cabify) shared some thoughts about it on his blog.
- 16/10 – Bdigital Conference on Smart Content, organized by Brújula where Rafael Manera, User Experience Manager of Meliá will participate.
- 24/10 – Yaiza Canosa, founder and CEO of GOI, will participate in the Tramuntana Tech Talks. She will talk about her experience (has founded several startups despite being under 30) in the world of technological companies. GOI is a logistics startup that has already managed more than 50,000 shipments for companies such as El Corte Inglés, IKEA or Worten and whose revenue last year exceeded 7 figures.
- 24/10 – H4CK TH3 iSL4ND, a hackathon organized by trivago where teams formed by business and tech people will work on projects related to sustainability.
- 29/10 – Blockchain on AWS. Palma Amazon Web Services group meetup in which there will be talks on “Technical considerations for blockchain networks using AWS” and “Blockchain technology to implement a distributed reservation platform”
- 31/10 – Álvaro Ramis, UX Specialist at Amazon, will give a talk at the Tramuntana Tech Talks about how design decisions impact the business side of a company. Previously Álvaro has led design teams in the digital area of BBVA and Ticketbis, acquired by eBay.
- 08/11 – What could a hotel predict with Big Data/IA? Meetup in which two talks on neural networks and the type of predictions that can be applied in the hotel sector will take place.
- 27/11 – Management 3.0 workshop to learn about team and people leadership. Led by Josep Riudavets (former Roiback’s CTO) and Pablo Domingo (ex-King and eDreams).
Job Opportunities 🛠
- Team Leader Conversational AI Platform – Bluekiri
- Front End Developer – Roiback
- Junior Marketer – Logitravel Group
- Product Owner – Roiback
- Frontend Engineer – Marketing Solutions – trivago
- iOS Developer – habitissimo (30-40K)
Get Promo! 🗣
Does your company have a job opportunity? Are you organising an event? Are you interested in sharing a news story or a post from your blog? Would you like to sponsor an issue of this newsletter? Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to this newsletter
🙏 If you enjoyed it, send it to one person that you think might like it as well! 🙏
Photo by Photo by You X Ventures